Wednesday, November 2nd
I installed the LS1 brakes tonight. I had
planned to start on it last night, but when I was repairing
the paint on one of the calipers, the paint crazed and I had
to strip the entire thing and start over : ( I then spent
the rest of the night preparing the the caliper mounts for
the chrome shop.
The install was pretty straightforward, and
went off without a hitch. I still need to bend the brackets
for the brake line so that the lines have no tension on
them. The chrome caliper mounts aren't mine since mine just
went to the chrome shop yesterday. I borrowed them from a
friend who hadn't yet installed them on his WS-6.
We finally got to pull the dents with the
stud gun, so they just need a little work and they'll be
ready to go. We're going to start the body work and cutting
in this weekend. Stay tuned.
Weekend of November 5th
I spent some time working on my wife's
2000 GTP on Saturday. I was able to upgrade her brakes
to the 12" rotors and brackets from my CompG. They
bolted right on, and I was able to use them with her
existing calipers. Her brake pads were completely worn
out, and this allowed me to re-use my good parts which I
had already upgraded. I have a few pictures of the
conversion so email me if you're interested.
My dad worked on the quarter panel this
weekend to get it all lined up and ready for final
finishing. I spent a lot of my time working on sanding
the body panels getting them ready to paint. I went
ahead and test fit the SPO rear spoiler and the new tail
light. Unfortunately, the right rear tail light didn't
fit very well. We did some work to the panel and were
able to get everything lined up very well. The deck lid
has now been removed and will get a coat of base along
with everything else. I hope we're
able to lay down some base during the week one night,
and then begin painting this weekend. I'm probably still
about 2 weeks away from being done, but it's getting
closer by the day.
Wednesday, November 9th
Not much has been happening with the car
this week. My dad has been swamped with his business, so
I sent the car back to the body shop to have them finish
the quarter panel. Once they finish with this, there
will only be a couple small spots to fix and we'll be
ready to paint everything. I'm hopeful that next weekend
I'll be able to finish the car and start driving it.
Not much filler was used in the panel.
They did a nice job of flattening it back out after it
was so bulged from the accident. It should be in primer
tomorrow and ready for us to prep for paint.
Thursday, November 10th
The quarter panel is almost finished and
ready for paint. The quarter and the hood got a final
coat of primer tonight, and the car will be heading back
up front to my dad's shop tomorrow for a few more minor
repairs and paint. I can't wait to get this thing done!
I'll also be checking on my brackets at the chrome shop.
Hopefully they'll be ready tomorrow also. I included a
couple more pics of the final bodywork prior to primer,
and then after. The final picture is the front spoiler,
which I've sanded and primed several times. It will be
ready for paint tomorrow.
They finished up the quarter panel this
morning, and the car is now back up front at my dad's. I
decided to go ahead and test fit everything to make sure
it would all line up correctly. My caliper brackets
won't be ready until Monday or Tuesday. Dad has been
busy with his business, so it may be next weekend before
we get to prime and paint anything else. Here's a few
pictures of the mockup:
The chrome shop finished up the rear
caliper brackets today, so I went ahead and installed
them. Still waiting patiently to paint this car...
Page 2 ●